Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A dream realised GNW battalions in the LOA style

Narke Varmlands 1st battalion
When I commissioned the sculpting of the Warfare Miniatures GNW range I had some pictures in my head of what the finished battalions might look like. Getting a range to market involves so many activities which have nothing to do with painting or modelling.
Preobrazhenskoi Guards

Getting involved in all that means that the precious time I used to enjoy sitting at my work desk to do some relaxing creative work has to be sacrificed. I do far less painting and modelling now than I have ever done which in turn means that the stuff I used to produce which built the LOA reputation for attractive games and terrain has become somewhat of a rarity.
some nice movement here

Only this week have I been able to finish off some of Clibinarium's beautiful sculpts en masse and in a form that I am happy with.
ready to fire

The objective deadline was CRISIS 2015 where Toggy and I will put on a small but photogenic GNW scenario using the new sculpts.
minus the command stand

ON this post you can see shots of the both Russian and Swedish units. Now that I am in the groove and have a benchmark, I hope to produce plenty more like them.

colours to the rear
slightly elevated view
lower level view

no command stand

composite unit with Vastmanland command stand

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful format for a gaming unit - very complementing to the actual historical look and deployment of ensigns etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do really look the part Barry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely fabulous my friend, I can hear the distant call of mother Russia. You make it so very hard to resist
    mark Shearwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I predict that your vehicle will be a lot lighter on the return trip from Crisis. Those figures are so nice that they practically sell themselves. Those Russians are amazing. Take lots of pictures of your game, please. :)

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Barry!
    Looking forward to some GNW games when we can all get our act together.
    I hope you both enjoy Crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning looking units Barry!!! But where are the Dalregiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone, comments as always much welcomed. To my Swedish friends... fear not, the Dal will appear soon!

    I am due a couple of weeks at home soon during which time i will push on with many projects. Dave, don't give up hope we'll be gaming soon i hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work, I've been waiting to see the gnw figures based in the LOA style!

    Now you can add those pics to battalion deals in the shop ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe to get League of Augsburg updates by e-mail!

Join the League of Augsburg!

Search

The League of Augsburg © 2013 Supported by Best Blogger Templates and Premium Blog Templates - Web Design